Although you can spend 90 days in a calendar year in Andorra as a tourist, if you wish to spend more time you will need to apply for a Residency.
Below sets out the different types of Residency:
1. Passive Residency (Residency without permission to work)
There are different types of Passive Residency:
- a) Passive Residency: (Category A or 1) Requirements:
- To spend 90 days in the country per annum.
- To make a deposit to A.F.A. (Andorra Financial Association) of 50,000 Euros for the first person and 10,000 Euros for any dependent. (Family of 4 would be an investment of 80,000 Euros). This money is refundable (interest free) should you ever decide to renounce your Residency.
- Requirement to show earnings of 300% of the annual minimum salary of Andorra and 100% extra for any dependent. 300% of the annual minimum salary as at February 2019 is 37.814,40 Euros.
- A private health insurance covering: Medical/health, old age (pension) and incapacity from the ages of 18 to 60. Below and above this, it is only necessary to have medical/health insurance. I can explain this further and organise this insurance for you.
- Applicants must produce a Police Criminal Records certificate from country of birth and recent country of residence. (This document must be Apostilled by the Hague in the country of origin).
- Proof of civil status: If single this only entails signing a form in Andorra, but if married a marriage certificate must be produced having been issued within three months of being submitted to the Immigration Department. (The marriage certificate must be Apostilled by the Hague in the country of origin).
All documents must be presented within three months of issue to the Immigration Department.
- b) International Professional Business: (Category B or II)
- This type of Residency, not to be confused with Active Residency is for people doing business abroad. In addition to the 50,000 Euros payable to the A.F.A. applicants need to form an Andorran company and spend at least 90 days in the country per annum and conduct 85% of business outside the country. You will be Passive Resident and may not be liable for income tax, but your company will still be subject to the Andorran tax system.
- It will be necessary to submit a 3-year business plan with supporting documents.
You will have 7 months to form the company once the business plan is approved.
- c) International Accredited Athletes, Scientists and Artists
- This type of Residency does require the 50,000 Euro payment to A.F.A. but does not require the investment up to 400,000 Euros.
- It is necessary to produce qualifications and achievements. Income reports and balance sheets. Awards etc.
2. Active Residency: Residence and self employment
- Active Residents must spend more than 183 days per year in the country and they become automatic fiscal residents and must pay tax in Andorra, with tax being only 10%. Another great reason for living in Andorra.
- Active Residents must be registered with the CASS system in Andorra, the Andorran health care system.
- If you are interested in this type of Residency, please do contact me (link pagina de contacto) for further information, requirements and costs.
For more information on types of residencies, fees, processes, requirements, etc. Please do not hesitate to contact L.A. Administració by clicking here.
Please note there are other types of residencies, i.e. employment in Andorra, seasonal employment, but normally a future employer would organise these types of residencies for an employee.
Please note: the prices and processes outlined on this page may be subject to change.
Please note: The prices outlined on this page do not include fees that may be charged by L.A. Administració